Wednesday, October 25, 2006

30 degrees centigrade... in Singapore

It's mid-term week at Chicago GSB, but I found myself selecting classes for Winter '07 at Nanyang Business School, Singapore. So here's what I'm going to take:

Business Process Management
Multinational Financial Management
Special Topics in Finance I: Issues in Corporate Governance
Services Marketing
Business Environment in China

Actually, I don't have much choice. I have to take 5 classes (IBEP requirements) and only 6 are offered at Singapore. However, I might swap Business Process Management for an HR class. I hadn't realized that BPM is synonymous with "Operations" -- which I am doing this quarter.

So anyway, it's been incredibly busy these past few days. We spent a heck of a lot of time on Meadow's mid-term (Entrepreneurial Finance & Private Equity) -- and *almost* got it right. Yay! The weekend was good though -- first, there was an undergrad party at the I-house which rocked, followed by an SABG party on Saturday, which was much better than expected, followed by a trip to the Bartlett temple which completely blew my mind, mostly because of the 10,000 or so people who showed up for Annakut.

This coming weekend, I get to go to Philly, and Wharton's Diwali and Halloween parties (two separate parties). Deepti's about done with the first half of the first semester, which means she has Finals!

Back to preping for my Operations mid-term on Thursday. Mehul, if you're reading -- you'll have to tell me about your Toyota internship when you were at Stanford. I'm learning all about TPS! What more can you tell me about andon cords and kaizen and kanban cards and heijunka?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, i can tell you about panchinko parlors and sea food and karoake bars and Akihabara and so on. But Kaizen? No. i think Pinky had some training on that at her company.

11/30/2006 11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home