Friday, April 14, 2006

Happenings

Wharton's Welcome Weekend rocked. They know how to throw a good party. Really nice bunch of people. The highlights were (in no particular order) a sit-down dinner at the Academy of Natural Sciences, "Wharton Live" -- a two-hour show, of some of the most popular numbers from previous Wharton Follies, the pub-crawl, and of course, the WHALASA (the LatinAm group at Wharton) party at Transit. We really liked Philly, especially, of course, Center City and Rittenhouse Square. We went house-hunting too. Didn't like the brownstones very much, and thought that a lot of the high-rises around Rittenhouse Square were way over-priced. But I think the high-rises are going to win out. And in the week following WW, Deepti found a potential roommate or two on "e-talk". So things are moving -- on the logistics front.

In even more exciting news, I just found out that the International Business Exchange Program (IBEP), here at Chicago GSB, has "nominated [me] to attend Nanyang Business School" in Singapore for Winter Quarter '07. Yipikaye! Nanyang was my first choice. Rejoice! I am SO looking forward to Singapore. Amit D has promised to put me in touch with his friends at Nanyang, so we can go party in Malayasia, and Tommy T (who will go to LSE for IBEP!!) suggested that I should also visit Indonesia. I was immediately reminded of Samir's trip to and pictures of Borobudur.

I am getting killed in my classes.

3 Comments:

Blogger Samir said...

Awesome - congratulations! Borobudur, Prambanan, Yogyakarta... Should I email you my Lonely Planet Indonesia?

4/15/2006 8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear diphthong:

We truly appreciate you sharing your stories with the applicant community. Your blog is part of a very special group that is supportive of others and we are proud to feature it on www.mbabuzz.com.

If not much trouble, our team would sincerely appreciate if you could add a link to MBA Buzz on your site.

Also, have you been to our site yet? If not, we hope you visit us soon.

All the best,
MBA Buzz

4/20/2006 6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HELLO,
I am an Chicago aspirant from India.I have some queries wrt to Chicago.
I was wondering if I could have ur mailing ID, so that I could ask you my Q's.

Thankx in advance.
Ahmad Azeem
ahmadazeem777@yahoo.com

9/06/2006 1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home