Monday, January 09, 2006

Who says Recruiting can be fun?

Winter quarter.  It's been t-shirt weather in Chicago -- in the mid 40s, that is.  I'm loving it.
 
I'm taking four classes (again.)
 
  * Competitive Strategy
  * Investments
  * Strategic Leadership in Uncertain Evironments
  * Network Structures of Effective Management
 
By Chicago standards, these are fluff-classes.  I beg to differ.  The last one does derive from sociology and organizational behavior, but the rest are pretty grounded in micro etc., and then of course, there's Investments.  The Strategic Leadership class is being taught for the first time; the claim is that it's the first time it's being taught anywhere -- not just at the GSB.  It's a pretty unique class, and from the looks of the first lecture, I think it's going to be fun.
 
Anyway, I should really not be blogging, and should, instead, be practicing cases et al.  We had a "Winterview" -- a day of mock interviews, workshops and panel discussions -- on Saturday.  It was very useful.  I did better than I thought I would on my mock interview, and got a much needed confidence boost.  But I have a ways to go, both with cases and with the "fit" part of the interview.
 
So updates will be few and far between, until the end of the month.  Just found out that Mehul and Pinky will be here for a couple of days in late Jan.  Will be totally awesome to see them, but I hope I'll be able to find some time out of what I hope will be a busy interviewing schedule.
 

3 Comments:

Blogger Gaurav said...

Good Luck with your interviews. I should be there around 17th Feb. Hopefully you would have received your intern offer and will have some time to spend with me. :)

1/09/2006 1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of luck with your case prep and interviews.

I'm in Safford's class as well -- the Tuesday evening section. What did you think of the SFS in-class exercise?

1/13/2006 11:29 AM  
Blogger mandar said...

I'm really liking Safford's class. (I'm in the Wednesday section.) Lots of overlap with Network Structures, though. Anyway, I didn't like the SFS exercise much, because there was too little time for 7-8 people to agree on anything...

1/15/2006 7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home