Saturday, September 24, 2005

who's afraid of cold-calls?

I admit it.  I'm petrified of cold-callING.  (Previous life, in a Strategy Consulting group, I did a bit of that, and didn't like it much.)  I think I'm pretty okay with BEING cold-called, though.
 
Classes started Thursday.  I had Regression followed by Micro on Friday.  I'd been startled to see the "Be prepared to be quizzed on basic statistics" warning in Bandi's coursepack.  To prepare for the early-morning challenge, I frantically looked up p-values and null-hypotheses and t-tests at http://www.statsoftinc.com (thanks Nimit) and found out more about kurtosis than I cared to know.  In class however, Bandi reassured us that he was "fundamentally, a nice-guy" and that he wouldn't quiz us on any of the basic stuff.  Whew.
 
Micro with Stole was a pleasure.  I'd been dreading the subject, especially at 8:30 AM on a Friday, and especially after TNDC the previous night.  Stole's enthusiasm combined with the too-convoluted questions from Ashish and Vineeth kept me awake all through the class!
 
Friday evening's Liquidity Prefrence Function (LPF) was nice.  A bunch of us decided to continue the revelries at the adjoining Ida Noyes pub until late in the night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home