Friday, May 16, 2003

Like Salam Pax, I arise, again,

In the tandoori oven that is India

To cool, AC-cooled, mornings

And s   l   o   w lines;

To a new Quit India Movement.

But indefatigable, I am, in my unconnectedness.



I will write more, I promise. Meanwhile, I'm convinced Baghdad has better internet connectivity than this. BTW, a taxi-driver claimed that this year's "unusual" heat-wave (which it is not; just the usual 115 degrees in the shade), is because of the "yuddha" -- the war in Iraq. All those bombs, where do you think the heat went? It's been blown over into India. Let me tell you, it's believable.

Actually, I've adapatped to the heat particularly well, and I'm not really complaining, it's just that it's an easy topic of conversation, and I think I'm expected to complain, so I thought I'd oblige.


I have also been told, categorically, that Mughlai food is sweety sweety.

S'long.

Ps: Coming soon -- the price of bread, masons, a film-actor turned driver with business cards that say: "All India Roots Guids", bumper stickers on Rickshaws, and much more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home